Reasons Why the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator©
Can Help You Be a Better Leader
- It will tell why some people think and act differently than
- It will reveal the natural strengths each person has to offer
- It will give you tools for strengthening your communication
- It will help you understand people who may keep their best side
- It will reveal what types of information you and other people
present first and pay the most attention to.
- It will reveal what types of work projects and environments
each person thrives in.
- It will reveal how people respond to conflict.
- It will reveal what role people prefer to play as part of a
According to Roger Pearman, Ed.D., President
of Leadership Performance Systems, in Enhancing Leadership
Effectiveness (1999, Center for Application of Psychological
Executive success and failure
are primarily tied to:
• developing constructive relationships among members of a team or organization;
• appropriate communications between leader
and team members;
• and a demonstrated valuing of human differences.
Creativity is promoted when individuals feel included and integral
to the future of the organization.
when understanding between individuals is established and when communicating
effectively is a priority among members of the organization