Ways You Can Use the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator©
to Create Better
- It will tell you why some people think and act differently.
- You can identify areas of strength and possible blind spots
of the team.
- When team members understand their styles and the styles of
others, they are likely to be more effective working together.
- It will reveal what types of information each team member presents
first and pays the most attention to.
- It will reveal how people respond to conflict and provide a
framework in which team members can identify and reduce sources
- It will help you understand team members’ differing approaches
to creativity, decision making and problem solving.
- It will reveal what role people prefer to play as part of a
- It will reveal the cultural norms of the team.
- It can provide team members with awareness of what irritates
them and how they irritate others.
- It can assure that the positive contributions of each team
member are recognized rather than devalued.
- It will reveal differences among team members in their styles
of time and project management.
- You will have a tool for strengthening communication among
- It can help team members understand and adapt to differences
in management and leadership style.
- It will reveal what types of work projects and environments
each person thrives in.
- You will better understand team members who may keep their
best side hidden.
- It will reveal differences among team members in terms of
what they value and what they consider “ideal”.
- It can provide team members with awareness of what they find
motivating and rewarding.